Tuesday 25 February 2014

EMPTY: Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Ivory

I've never really done an 'empties' review post, but to review a foundation, I personally think you really need to use it for a while before you review it.



I bought this from Boots for £25.50 after browsing the Benefit section and the make up artist approaching me. She did my full face with the make up and I felt obliged to buy some things (don't ever feel that you HAVE to, you don't!) I ended up buying the foundation and the Fake Up concealer.

My first thought was it was a little too dark and almost orange for me and I still have that opinion. If I apply it well I don't look orange, but it doesn't make me look as pale as I am. For me, this isn't a foundation I can do in a hurry and then leave the house - I've found this out the hard way. The colouring of the foundation on me is the only reason I won't repurchase this product.

I love the finish to the foundation (which is a tad too dark, but can be toned down with powder) and I think it looks great. It does not dry incredibly quick so you can blend it all in without worrying, however, it does have a dewy look and feel to it (I don't know how to explain, it takes a while to settle - almost moistened -  and dry into your skin...even with powder -) It doesn't have an odd smell which is common in quite a lot of foundations. The packaging is brilliant, I really love the Benefit names of products and how lovely everything looks - it doesn't look cheap. The foundation is distributed with a pump that lifts up so you don't have to really worry about the wastage and having some left at the bottom that the pump won't pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Notebooks & Nail Polish